Re: [exim] Sender verification

Autor: Matthew Byng-Maddick
A: Exim users list
Assumpte: Re: [exim] Sender verification
On Fri, Oct 28, 2005 at 08:48:01AM +0200, Ian FREISLICH wrote:
[callouts]
> Ah, you folk in acedemia might not then have encountered the argument
> from a paying customer "I don't care if the admin of the site hosting
> my prospective customer is a fool, your decision to not accept their
> mail on the basis of the failed callout is costing me potential
> business".

The only correct response to this argument is to give them a full
unfiltered mail feed, I'm sure they'll ask you to implement whatever
anti-spam methods seem reasonable soon enough.

I know this sounds harsh, but callouts are just one of many methods used.

I've seen legitimate mails constructed by businesses who don't have a clue
how to use email be trapped by SA, so obviously SA is costing them potential
business too. If they want a full unfiltered mail feed, I'm sure they can
have it...

Cheers

MBM

--