Re: [exim] Undeliverable message as well as catch all

Autor: Walt Reed
A: exim-users
Assumpte: Re: [exim] Undeliverable message as well as catch all
On Wed, Oct 26, 2005 at 07:00:02PM -0700, Fred Viles said:
> On 27 Oct 2005 at 11:33, Michael Bonnice wrote about
>     "[exim] Undeliverable message as wel":

> | Im hoping someone can help,
>
> You may not consider this helpful, but it's intended to be:

> | My question is how can I setup it up so that a Undeliverable message is sent
> | to the sender when mail ends up in the junkmail file.
>
> That would be an exceedingly bad idea. If you want to blindly accept
> all spam and malware addressed to random usernames in your domain,
> that's fine. But sending auto-replies to the innocent third parties
> whose addresses are being forged as the senders of those messages is
> abusive. Doing so would make you a spammer, and likely get your host
> blacklisted.

I don't think that is what he is proposing to do... I *don't* think he
want's to accept at smtp and then bounce, but rather accept the message
up to DATA, and still reject at smtp time.

I don't know if it would work, but maybe something like having two
catchall routers - the first has the "unseen" option and goes to a
appendfile transport. The second has the verify_only option set, so
would never accept for delivery.

Thoughts?