[exim] Sending with SSL

Autor: Norman Walsh
A: exim-users
Assumpte: [exim] Sending with SSL
Apologies in advance if I seem entirely clueless. I've tried to find
the answer to this question on the web and in the FAQ without success.
Hopefully, some kind soul will point me in the right direction.

For some time now, I've been using exim4 on my local machine. I get
mail with fetchmail, feed it to exim4, and it gets delivered locally.
I send mail by passing it to exim4 and letting exim4 take care of
delivery.

I think this is accomplished with the smarthost and related entries:

smarthost:
debug_print = "R: smarthost for $local_part@$domain"
driver = manualroute
domains = ! +local_domains
transport = remote_smtp_smarthost
route_list = * DCsmarthost byname
host_find_failed = defer
same_domain_copy_routing = yes
no_more

In any event, it's all been working fine.

Now I've been moved to a new mail server and told that I must connect
with SSL. Instructions were provided for changing clients like
Thunderbird and Mozilla, but I haven't been able to deduce from these
instructions what I need to change in my exim4 configuration.

Ideally, I'd like all mail to <anyone>@myemployer.com to be routed
through newmailserver.myemployer.com and sent to that server with SSL.

Clues, please?

                                        Be seeing you,
                                          norm

--