Re: [exim] connection lost while reading message data (heade…

Autor: Fred Viles
A: exim-users
Assumpte: Re: [exim] connection lost while reading message data (header)
On 12 Oct 2005 at 10:04, Marc Perkel wrote about
    "Re: [exim] connection lost while re":

| The problem seems to be on my end. It's as if I'm starting something
| that is getting stuck and that the other end eventually times out after
| a long delay. I'm just trying to figure out what I'm doing that could
| cause a hang. Could it be ClamAV related?

No, because Clam can't be run until after the message data has been
received. It would have to be a delay happening before the DATA ACL.
If pipelining is not in effect, it pretty much has to be the
acl_smtp_predata ACL.

But if pipelining *is* in effect (as it is by default), it could be
any ACL after HELO and before DATA.

One thing I found as an issue with logging when introducing
intentional delays: the log line produced by the stanza that includes
delay= is generated (and timestamped) *after* the delay completes. I
assume the same would be true for a stanza that just takes a long
time to complete.

In my case, I wanted to see a "blah blah, delaying..." log line at
the start of the interval, so I used an extra warn stanza with the
same conditions as the following delaying stanza just to generate the
log line.

- Fred