Re: [exim] migrating exim/spamd/clamav server

Autor: Marc Sherman
A: exim-users
Assumpte: Re: [exim] migrating exim/spamd/clamav server
Dimitrios Koutsos wrote:
> Hi All,
> I am migrating an exim mail sevrer on to new hardware latest app versions.
> For testing I need to send a copy of all in-coming emails to the new built
> server, do the content scanning, and suppress its delivery.
> Would you know what router should I use to achive that, without disrupting
> the live server at all?

On the old server, right at the top of your routers, to send a copy of
all mail to the new server:

duplicate_to_test_server:
driver = manualroute
route_list = * new.test.server
unseen = true
verify = false

On the new server, right at the top of the routers, to suppress delivery
of all mail:

suppress_all_delivery:
driver = redirect
data = :blackhole:
verify = false

Is spamd running on the new server, or do you have a shared spamd server
that both exim's will be hitting? If the latter, then you'll end up
with all messages being scanned (and auto-learned) twice by the same
spamd, which could skew your spam learning.

- Marc