[exim] How complete is 'completed'?

Author: Doug Jolley
To: exim-users
CC: doug, ReneeThomas
Subject: [exim] How complete is 'completed'?
An Exim server acts as a mail exchanger for the
betsythompson.com domain. Mail addressed to that
domain is forwarded to the betsy-thompson mailbox
at sbcglobal.net The log file shows the incoming
mail, the forward, and the completion. (Actual
lines from the log file are appended.) The
forwarded mail never shows up in the mailbox
although other mail addressed to
betsy-thompson@??? does. I'm inclined
to think that the only way that can happen is
that, after having been accepted for delivery,
the mail is subsequently not delivered to the
mailbox for some reason such as a filter rule.
My question is: How safe am I in taking the
position that this is a problem at SBC and not
one that I can do anything about? Have I
overlooked anything I should investigate? Thanks
for any input.

     ... doug

P.S. - Here's the actual relevant lines from the
logfile:

2005-10-06 16:47:45 1ENdaa-0001WV-FN <=
d2jcell@??? H=web30506.mail.mud.yahoo.com
[68.142.200.119] P=smtp S=1234
id=20051006215031.27575.qmail@???
T="Test 104"
2005-10-06 16:47:59 1ENdaa-0001WV-FN =>
betsy-thompson@???
<betsy@???> R=dnslookup
T=remote_smtp S=1267 H=sbcmx5.prodigy.net
[207.115.20.20]
2005-10-06 16:47:59 1ENdaa-0001WV-FN Completed

http://mail.yahoo.com