Re: [exim] SPF and sequential exims.

Author: Fred Viles
To: exim-users
Subject: Re: [exim] SPF and sequential exims.
On 6 Oct 2005 at 21:12, j2 wrote about
    "[exim] SPF and sequential exims.":

| I have two hosts statler, which is a primary MX which passes mails on to two
| backend servers. One of those servers is scooter which in turn is primary MX
| for some OTHER domains.

| But, it now seems that if a domain that HAS SPF set up and the mail gets
| relayed through statler, it gets rejected. Probably because statler is "Not
| allowed" to send mails for that domain.
|
| Is my assumption correct?

Obviously so.

| And if so, can I do something about that, except
| simply excluding all mail that comes in from statler from the above check?

Leaving aside the wisdom of rejecting based on SPF, yes.

BTW, I hope statler is applying the same (or more) rejection criteria
to incoming mail as scooter. To do otherwise means statler will be
generating collateral spam (DSNs to forged sender addresses) when
messages it accepted are rejected by scooter.

- Fred