Re: [exim] Immediate and queued SMTP delivery.

Author: Adam Funk
To: exim-users
Subject: Re: [exim] Immediate and queued SMTP delivery.
On Thursday 06 October 2005 14:03, Peter Bowyer wrote:

> Pretty much. queue_smtp_domains adds a bit of sophistication - local
> deliveries are done immediately, and remote deliveries to the same
> host will be done down a single connection when the queue run
> happens.

"queue_domains = example.org" and "queue_smtp_domains = example.org"
have the same effect *unless* there is a possibility of delivering a
message to something@??? by other means than SMTP -- right?

(1)
> > Also, is this
> > queue_domains = /path/to/domains.list
> > valid if the file is a newline-delimited list of domains?

I was thinking of "10.3 File names in lists": it's easy to have lines
like the following in the external file.

example.org
*.example.org

(2)
> You probably mean
> queue_domains = lsearch;/path/to/domains.list

Whereas "10.4 An lsearch file is not an out-of-line list" says that
lsearch treats the file contents as fixed strings.

I would also expect (1) to be slightly more efficient than (2)?