Re: [exim] Immediate and queued SMTP delivery.

Author: Peter Bowyer
To: exim users
Subject: Re: [exim] Immediate and queued SMTP delivery.
On 06/10/05, Adam Funk <adam00f@???> wrote:
> In a "normal" configuration, Exim immediately tries to deliver all
> messages it receives, so if it receives several messages that need to
> be relayed it will open enough parallel SMTP connections at the same
> time. As I understand the spec, it is impossible to impose a general
> limit on simultaneous connections without using queue_only -- is that
> correct?

Pretty much. queue_smtp_domains adds a bit of sophistication - local
deliveries are done immediately, and remote deliveries to the same
host will be done down a single connection when the queue run happens.

> Also, is this
> queue_domains = /path/to/domains.list
> valid if the file is a newline-delimited list of domains?

You probably mean

queue_domains = lsearch;/path/to/domains.list

Peter

--
Peter Bowyer
Email: peter@???