Re: [exim] Re: remove duplicate headers

Author: Fred Viles
To: exim-users
Subject: Re: [exim] Re: remove duplicate headers
On 3 Oct 2005 at 22:08, Joerg Sommer wrote about
    "[exim] Re: remove duplicate headers":

| Hello Herb,
|
| "Herb Martin" <HerbM@???> wrote:
| >
| >> how can I remove duplicate headers.
| > Check,
|
| How can I test the count of headers? Do $h_mime_version_count or
| something similar exist?

I can't think of an easy way to do this. Herb wasn't suggesting such
a test, he was suggesting unconditionally replacing all the headers
(however many there are, as long as there is at least one) with a
single good one.

| BTW: What does exim if there are more than one header with the same
| name? Does it use the first one or the last one or fail?

I'm not sure what you're asking. In general, exim doesn't use
headers for anything. If you mean what does $header_foo: contain
when there is more than one foo: header, TFM says:

    If there is more than one header with the same name, they are all
    concatenated to form the substitution string, up to a maximum length of
    64K. A newline character is inserted between each line.

- Fred