Re: [exim] when are exim vars first available? and ...

Autor: Philip Hazel
A: exim-users
Assumpte: Re: [exim] when are exim vars first available? and ...
On Fri, 30 Sep 2005, Marc Sherman wrote:

> No direct link, sorry. Philip, can you please index the individual variable
> definitions in Chapter 11.9 in the 5.60 docs?

Would that really help? There is an index entry "expansion variables,
list of" already. Maybe re-wording that somehow? I don't really like
"expansion variables, definition of", however, because 11.9 does not
define what expansion variables are; it just lists those that exist.
Maybe "expansion variables, list and descriptions of"?

The next edition of the manual is going to be prepared by the new
method, using XML. The PS/PDF version's index will be by page, as
before, but the HTML index will point only to the section (i.e. to 11.9)
because that's what the processing software does.

I suppose, with a lot of work, I could put in an index entry for every
time a specific variable is mentioned in the manual. Perhaps it would be
worth doing that work.