Re: [exim] long delays sending (not ident related) (mypost: …

Author: rich lott
To: exim-users
Subject: Re: [exim] long delays sending (not ident related) (mypost: rl3sept27)
Got it!

Fred, thanks for your help.

Right basically, I put an IP address in square brackets for my
primary_hostname in /etc/exim4.conf.template

It now seems to work ok.

rich

On Thursday 29 September 2005 23:13, Fred Viles wrote:
On 29 Sep 2005 at 22:59, rich lott wrote about

       "Re: [exim] long delays sending (not":
   | On Thursday 29 September 2005 19:10, Fred Viles wrote:
   |    On 29 Sep 2005 at 18:46, rich lott wrote about
   |
   |        "Re: [exim] long delays sending (not":
   |    |...
   |    | Thanks, I set primary_hostname directly and it seems to work!
   |
   |    You mean it fixed the delays sending to shinyblue.net as well?  Then
   |    they were probably doing an intentional delay due to the unresolvable
   |    HELO name you were giving them.
   |
   | Aaaaaaaaaaargh! Now I can't send mail to shinyblue.net because it says
   | unroutable address, presumably because it thinks it owns shinyblue.net

Doesn't it? Maybe you need to be more specific about what the
definition of "it" is.

| and so
| looks for a local user called xxxxxx for xxxxxx@??? and
| fails.

That makes no sense. You had no problem (other than the delay) using
@shinyblue.net sender and recipient addresses before, right?
Changing primary_hostname shouldn't affect that.

What did you set primary_hostname to? If you set it to
shinyblue.net, re-read my earlier post.

- Fred