Re: [exim] long delays sending (not ident related) (mypost: …

Author: rich lott
To: exim-users
Subject: Re: [exim] long delays sending (not ident related) (mypost: rl3sept27)
On Thursday 29 September 2005 19:10, Fred Viles wrote:
On 29 Sep 2005 at 18:46, rich lott wrote about

       "Re: [exim] long delays sending (not":
   | Thanks, I set primary_hostname directly and it seems to work!

You mean it fixed the delays sending to shinyblue.net as well? Then
they were probably doing an intentional delay due to the unresolvable
HELO name you were giving them.

Aaaaaaaaaaargh! Now I can't send mail to shinyblue.net because it says
unroutable address, presumably because it thinks it owns shinyblue.net and so
looks for a local user called xxxxxx for xxxxxx@??? and fails.

(close to giving up and going back to postfix...!)