[exim] Re: Stumped and Frustrated

Autor: Andreas Metzler
A: exim-users
Assumpte: [exim] Re: Stumped and Frustrated
Marc Perkel <marc@???> wrote:
> I have a file with a list of domains:

> paypal.com
> ebay.com

> It's in a domain list:
> domainlist verify_list = dbm;/etc/exim/run/verifylist.db

> And on an ACL I have
> sender_domains = +domain_verify

> So - if the sender is service@??? - I think it matches -
> not quite sure.

It does not.
ametzler@argenau:~$ /usr/sbin/exim -be \
'${if match_domain{mail5.paypal.com}{paypal.com:ebay.com}{yes}{no}}'
no

I guess this

ametzler@argenau:~$ /usr/sbin/exim4 -be \
'${if match_domain{mail5.paypal.com}{paypal.com:*.paypal.com:ebay.com}{yes}{no}}'
yes

should make you more happy.

> But - lets say it does match - how do I do this?

> I want to lookup mail4.paypal.com in a list containing paypal.com and
> have it consider paypal.com as a match. But - I want to somehow extract
> for processing the part that matched - the paypal.com part - not the
> mail5.paypal.com part - and look up the paypal.com part in the received
> headers to see if I match that.

You could use ${extract to extract the toplevel domain. However this
will sho problemns if the respective "top-level" is not foo.bar but
e.g. example.co.uk.
                 cu andreas
fuhggvat qbja gur juveyvat tha.
Neal Stephenson in "Snow Crash"