[exim] Format of an ACL--logical operators

Author: Ross Boylan
To: exim-users
CC: ross
Subject: [exim] Format of an ACL--logical operators
The 4.50 manual, in the "Format of an ACL" section, says

> If all the conditions are met, the verb is obeyed. The same condition
> may be used (with different arguments) more than once in the same
> statement. This provides a means of specifying an `and' conjunction
> between conditions. For example:
>
>      deny  dnslists = list1.example
>            dnslists = list2.example

But the conjunction of the 2 conditions will be false, since both can't
be true at once (well, maybe with dual-homed machines...). That would
mean the deny is never triggered. So apparently, the tests are
combined with an or. However, in some of the other examples the
conditions seem to be and'ed.

Is it that if the same condition is mentioned more than once the
results are or'd, and different conditions are and'ed?

Could someone clarify? I think I'm missing something.

Thanks.

--
Ross Boylan                                      wk:  (415) 514-8146
185 Berry St #5700                               ross@???