Re: [exim] Spammers and delays?

Author: Michael Sprague
To: exim-users
Subject: Re: [exim] Spammers and delays?
Wakko Warner wrote:
> Tony Finch wrote:
>
>>On Thu, 29 Sep 2005, Wakko Warner wrote:
>>
>>>What's the thoughts about doing this on a production system:
>>
>>Have you turned off pipelining?
>

> Actually no I didn't. On the honey machine I might turn off the sync
> enforcement but noone's hit that yet for some reason.

I turn off pipelining and do delays for certain conditions. For
example, no rDNS for the incoming server. This has been pretty
effective and doesn't slow down 'real' email much. But since this is a
honeypot, I don't suppose you're concerned about that.

In fact, since this is a honeypot, wouldn't you want the spam to get
delivered to your file? Or are you going to comb the log as well?
Sorry, I'm just curious. I'm not running a honeypot yet but I've been
toying with the idea of setting one up. :)

thanks,
mikeS

--
Michael F. Sprague   |  mfs@???
Partner              |  System and Network Engineering (SaNE), Inc