Re: [exim] long delays sending (not ident related) (mypost: …

Author: rich lott
To: exim-users
Subject: Re: [exim] long delays sending (not ident related) (mypost: rl3sept27)
On Thursday 29 September 2005 17:08, Fred Viles wrote:
| This causes rejection by some
| servers, which may be part of the delay.

AFAIK that can be the case only if the same message is being sent to
both the slow and a failing recipient, and the rejecting server is
intentionally delaying its rejection.

| Why is my local hostname sent? Where
| does exim get the value to send in HELOs? (see log snippet)

RTFM primary_hostname and qualify_domain. You need to set
primary_hostname to a valid FQDN that, when its address is looked up
in the DNS, will yield the public IP address connections from your
server come from. Since this name probably won't be the same as your
email domain name, you'll probably also need to set qualify_domain.

Thanks, I set primary_hostname directly and it seems to work!

many thanks,
rich