Re: [exim] An interesting problem (apparent duplicate delive…

Author: Ian FREISLICH
To: exim-users
Subject: Re: [exim] An interesting problem (apparent duplicate delivery)
> On Tue, 27 Sep 2005, Ian Freislich wrote:
> >
> > I've got an interesting problem where users are complaining that
> > mail sent to them is delivered twice into their mailbox.
> > I've seen message headers that users claim belong to at least 2
> > distinct messages that were downloaded, but I've not yet been able
> > to verify that the messages appeared twice in their mailbox because
> > they keep deleting the evidence.
>
> IMAP? POP? Perhaps your message access server doesn't have a reliable
> seen-mesages database.

POP and IMAP, but in this case, it's POP. The POP server is qmail-pop3d
(don't ask why). It was never a problem in the past when the MTA
was qmail, but then maybe nobody noticed or everyone brushed off
the problem because if multiple recipients expand to the same mailbox
qmail delivers multiple messages.

Ian

--
Ian Freislich