Re: [exim-dev] Preliminary testing of a new Exim test suite

Author: Philip Hazel
To: John Jetmore
CC: exim-dev
Subject: Re: [exim-dev] Preliminary testing of a new Exim test suite
On Mon, 26 Sep 2005, John Jetmore wrote:

> The README for exim-testsuite says that it is "intended to be exportable
> and to run in a number of different environments." I took that to mean it
> should eventually run on any platform that Exim itself can run on.

Yes, that would be very nice.

> If I misunderstood let me know and I'll drop it, I don't want to bang my
> head on something that won't be supported. I would like to know what
> environments you intend the suite to work in. Various flavors of Linux
> seems like an obvious choice. What about Solaris?

I have made no decision, because I don't know what the limitations are.
Experiments such as yours are providing very useful information about
the boundaries. It's very early days, and I'll take all your feedback
and see if I can overcome the difficulties. Watch this space.

My own testing environments are Linux and FreeBSD, though I guess I
could manage Solaris as well. I would definitely expect it to run on
those three.