Re: [exim] Different configuration for different ports

Autor: Jakob Hirsch
A: Luca Bertoncello
CC: exim-users
Assumpte: Re: [exim] Different configuration for different ports
Luca Bertoncello wrote:

> We'd like to configure the port 587 for incoming E-Mail of our customer

daemon_smtp_ports = 25 : 587

> We'd like to have the port 587 just accepts query with an authentication
> (SASL, Pop-Before-SMTP).

acl_check_mail:
  deny message   = Authentication required before submission
       condition = ${if eq{$interface_port}{587}}
       condition = ${if !def:authenticated_id}

Add to the second condition the way you look up pop3-before-smtp
authenticated users.

> Now the question: is it possibile to configure Exim to use different
> configuration for different port or have I to have two different exim
> daemons with the different configuration?

There's no need for two daemons with different configs, as long as the
above is your only requirement.