Re: [exim] Does EXIM need a new scripting language? - YES

Autor: Michael Haardt
A: exim-users
Assumpte: Re: [exim] Does EXIM need a new scripting language? - YES
On Mon, Sep 19, 2005 at 10:01:21AM +0100, Philip Hazel wrote:
> It works the way it does because there are no real boolean expressions
> in Exim; everything works in strings. The "condition" condition was
> added as an escape for people to test things that were not provided by
> conditions such as "hosts", "local_parts", etc. It kind of grew as
> people wanted more and more complex tests.

Well, there are expansion conditions. If "condition" would accept
expansion conditions without surrounding "if" besides expanded strings,
we would get rid of one level of braces and possibly avoid backslashes
as well. The result would be much more readable.

At first sight, the first sets of expansion conditions and expanded
strings do not have common elements, but I may be wrong there. I was
never particularly good at guessing first sets. ;-)

Michael