Re: [exim] Does EXIM need a new scripting language? - YES

Autor: Philip Hazel
A: Michael Haardt
CC: exim-users
Assumpte: Re: [exim] Does EXIM need a new scripting language? - YES
On Fri, 16 Sep 2005, Michael Haardt wrote:

> Somehow I have a feeling, though, that I miss some fundamental aspect
> that explains why "condition" works the way it does and that's why I
> didn't suggest the above before.

It works the way it does because there are no real boolean expressions
in Exim; everything works in strings. The "condition" condition was
added as an escape for people to test things that were not provided by
conditions such as "hosts", "local_parts", etc. It kind of grew as
people wanted more and more complex tests.