Re: [exim] Does EXIM need a new scripting language? - YES

Página superior
Eliminar este mensaje
Autor: Steve Lamb
A: exim-users
Asunto: Re: [exim] Does EXIM need a new scripting language? - YES
David Saez Padros wrote:
> no, never, i also was a sendmail user, i mean a totally optional
> 'compiler' that could translate something more friendly into the CURRENT
> exim configuration language, it could also strip comments, tabs, etc ..
> and join multiple included config files in just only one to make it load
> faster.

    You do realize that's how Sendmail's current configuration scheme came
about?  The M4 configuration which most people are used to is parsed and then
converted into Sendmail's original configuration language.  It is entirely
optional that if one is so inclined one can skip the M4 stage and craft the
original configuration by hand.  ;)