Re: [exim] Exim Terminology

Autor: Tom Kistner
A: support
CC: exim-users
Assumpte: Re: [exim] Exim Terminology
George Stevens wrote:

> 1) What is the difference between: acl_check_mime and acl_smtp_mime ?
> Does it matter which one i should use?

The former is just a user-defined name (you could call it "banana" for
all that matters :), and the latter is a static handler you can assign
the name to. So when you say:

acl_smtp_mime = banana

Then exim will look for a "banana:" part in the ACL section to run
acl_smtp_mime with.

> 2) Also does it matter where in the ACL i should place mime checking ?

Inside the MIME ACL (acl_smtp_mime).

> 3) ...and the command decode = default should save my attachment to the
> disk in a default location. Does anyone know where default is? I am sure
> it is must be somewhere where exim user can write to but have not found
> it.

In Exim's spool directory:

/path/to/spool/scan/$message_id

/tom