[exim] Exim Terminology

Autor: George Stevens
A: exim-users
Assumpte: [exim] Exim Terminology
Hi there,

I am trying to process attachments and whilst reviewing the documentation
i have come accross some problems understanding some terminology which i
hope someone can spell out for me.

Firstly i need to save attachments to the disk and I understand this is
done using the MIME ACL.

1) What is the difference between: acl_check_mime and acl_smtp_mime ?
Does it matter which one i should use?

2) Also does it matter where in the ACL i should place mime checking ?

3) ...and the command decode = default should save my attachment to the
disk in a default location. Does anyone know where default is? I am sure
it is must be somewhere where exim user can write to but have not found
it.

Many thanks for your help so far...

George