[exim] sanity check - using MACRO lists within *lsearch-es i…

Autor: OpenMacNews
A: exim-users
Assumpte: [exim] sanity check - using MACRO lists within *lsearch-es in ACL condition logic
hi,

i'm trying to modify the wiki's 'HELO tricks' filter condition of:

    drop condition = ${if eq{[$interface_address]}{$sender_helo_name}}

to address the fact that my exim box is on NATd ip, and I have two external
IP's.

since i've been doing 'other things' with net-iplsearch (recently discovered
for me ...), i'd think that using:

    MY_REAL_IPS = A.B.C.D :\
                  W.X.Y.Z
    drop condition = ${if eq{[net-iplsearch;MY_REAL_IPS]}{$sender_helo_name}}

will do the trick.

however, what concerns me is, from the spec:

    10.6 Named lists compared with macros
    At first sight, named lists might seem to be no different from macros in
    the configuration file. However, macros are just textual substitutions.

is my substitution above a *correct* usage of the MACRO? i'm a mite confused by
the "just textual substitution", and wonder if i'm causing myself any grief
here ...

thx!

cheers,

richard