Re: [exim] sanity check - using MACRO lists within *lsearch-…

Autor: OpenMacNews
A: exim-users
Assumpte: Re: [exim] sanity check - using MACRO lists within *lsearch-es inACL condition logic
hi tony,

>>    drop condition = ${if eq{[net-iplsearch;MY_REAL_IPS]}{$sender_helo_name}}

> This won't work because eq is string comparison and has nothing to do with
> list matching. (net-iplsearch; is list matching syntax.) I suggest adding
> your external IP addresses to extra_local_interfaces (which you should do
> anyway to ensure correct detection of routing loops), then you can use
> ${if match_domain{@[]}{$sender_helo_name} }

ok, so this generally makes sense. tho, if it's supposed to be intuitively
obvious, i'm feeling particularly stupid here ...

that said, a question re: local_interfaces & extra_local_interfaces ...

reading the spec, given the fact that local_interfaces are where my exim
listens, and that i'm on a NATd box, i've

    local_interfaces = 127.0.0.1 ; 10.0.0.6

from your comment, then, it would be 'ok' to add the REAL/EXTERNAL ip addresses
as:

    MY_REAL_IPS = A.B.C.D ;\    (<-- correct to use ";" rather than ":" here,
yes?)
                  W.X.Y.Z
    extra_local_interfaces = MY_REAL_IPS

this seems counter-intuitive, as the external ips are anything BUT local ... no?

richard