Re: [exim] cancel full email name

Autor: John W. Baxter
A: exim-users
Assumpte: Re: [exim] cancel full email name
On 9/16/05 4:06 PM, "Ahmed Naguib" <anaguib@???> wrote:

> Here is my "begin authenticators" section
> begin authenticators
>
> fixed_plain:
> driver = plaintext
> public_name = PLAIN
> server_prompts = :
> server_condition = "${perl{checkuserpass}{$1}{$2}{$3}}"
> server_set_id = $2
>
> fixed_login:
> driver = plaintext
> public_name = LOGIN
> server_prompts = "Username:: : Password::"
> server_condition = "${perl{checkuserpass}{$1}{$2}}"
> server_set_id = $1
>

> I ll appreciate any help
>
> And thanks
> Naguib
>
> | I think this may be the easiest question you will hear on this strong list
>
> No, actually not. There are a lot of real exim experts here, but not
> many with good mind-reading skills...
>
> | When my users authenticate to the mail server , they have to write their
> | full email in outlook express for example,
> | When they only write the username , it doesn't work , and authentication
> | fails.
> |
> | How could I let them write only the username in the field user, instead of
> | writing user@??? ??
> |
> | What should I change in the configuration file of exim
>
> Good question, but this is where the mind-reading part fails me. To
> give advice on what to change, we need to see what your current
> configuration is doing. Post the "begin authenticators" section of
> your config file.

Our configuration normalizes the username value by assuming our domain if
the name comes in as just the local part (for hosted domains, the user has
to include the domain, although we're about to complexify things further and
that has moved us from all Exim config to a pair of perl scripts).

Normalization involves either some ugly conditionals in the Exim
configuration, or code in your perl script (I'd put it in the script, and
comment the Exim config).

Presumably your script also does something about the case of the username
parameter, since you'll never train all your users to use john@???
rather than John@???

You might well want to put the normalized form into the server_set_id
variable, in which case you either split the perl script into a normalizer
and a lookup, or ???.

--John