Re: [exim] This should be simple but ...

Author: Fred Viles
To: exim-users
Subject: Re: [exim] This should be simple but ...
On 16 Sep 2005 at 9:32, Graeme Fowler wrote about
    "Re: [exim] This should be simple bu":

| On Fri 16 Sep 2005 05:07:45 BST , Marc Perkel <marc@???> wrote:
| > I want to add this header only if it's not already there. This code
| > should work - but it doesn't. :(
| >
| > warn    message    = X-Mail-from: $sender_address
| >        condition = ${if eq{$h_X-Mail-from:}{}}
|
| ...because it's testing for the existence of an empty header, not
| whether the header exists or not.

But according to spec.txt ISTM it should work as is:

$header_<header name>: or $h_<header name>:
               If the message does not contain the given header, the
    expansion item is replaced by an empty string.

| I think you probably want something like:
|
| condition = ${if def:h_X-Mail-from:{$h_X-Mail-from}{fail}}

                                                    ^:

Or just

    condition = ${if def:h_X-Mail-from:}

Either should work. I think the issue is more likely to be one of
the other questions I asked earlier.

- Fred