Re: [exim] This should be simple but ...

Author: Graeme Fowler
To: exim-users
Subject: Re: [exim] This should be simple but ...
On Fri 16 Sep 2005 05:07:45 BST , Marc Perkel <marc@???> wrote:
> I want to add this header only if it's not already there. This code
> should work - but it doesn't. :(
>
> warn    message    = X-Mail-from: $sender_address
>        condition = ${if eq{$h_X-Mail-from:}{}}

...because it's testing for the existence of an empty header, not
whether the header exists or not.

I think you probably want something like:

condition = ${if def:h_X-Mail-from:{$h_X-Mail-from}{fail}}

In other words, if it exists then the condition will return the
contents or it will return the word "fail". You may need to strap
another test around that to check for the word "fail" to make the
condition test fail.

Graeme