Re: [exim] Does EXIM need a new scripting language? - YES

Etusivu
Poista viesti
Vastaa
Lähettäjä: David Saez Padros
Päiväys:
Vastaanottaja: Marc Perkel
Kopio: exim-users
Aihe: Re: [exim] Does EXIM need a new scripting language? - YES

Hi !!

> OK - I want to throw out a proposal to make a major change to Exim - the
> scripting language. And before you all start screaming - the idea would
> be to leave the existing language in for compatibility.

why not just make a compiler that takes as input a more human friendly
'language' and outputs a script/configuration in current exim
'language'?

> Why do this? because the scripting is not intuitive.

the only problem i see on it is that i usually run out of variables
($acl_xx) and that complex conditions usually take several tries to
get it working, specially due to unbalanced {}

--
Best regards ...

    On-Line Services 2000 S.L.       e-mail  david@???
    Pintor Vayreda 1                 telf    +34 902 50 29 75
    08184 Palau-Solita i Plegamans   movil   +34 670 35 27 53