Re: [exim] Does EXIM need a new scripting language? - YES

Etusivu
Poista viesti
Vastaa
Lähettäjä: Ian Eiloart
Päiväys:
Vastaanottaja: exim-users
Aihe: Re: [exim] Does EXIM need a new scripting language? - YES

--On 16 September 2005 07:51:48 -0700 Marc Perkel <marc@???> wrote:

> OK - I want to throw out a proposal to make a major change to Exim - the
> scripting language.

Oh, that would be so nice. The filter specification is much easier to use
than the configuration file spec, for example.

> And before you all start screaming - the idea would
> be to leave the existing language in for compatibility.

That would be tricky to parse. I guess you could with a directive saying
which language was to be used. Maybe per section, to ease migration, or
even per ACL/router/transport/etc. Of course, the default would be the
current language.

--
Ian Eiloart
Servers Team