Re: [exim-dev] Re: [exim] 4.53 Release candidate

Author: John W. Baxter
To: exim-users
CC: exim-dev
Subject: Re: [exim-dev] Re: [exim] 4.53 Release candidate
On 9/14/05 9:42 AM, "Tom Kistner" <tom@???> wrote:

> Philip Hazel wrote:
>
>>> Ok, never mind. It's the change for libdomainkeys 0.67.
>>>
>>> You need to make it clear that you **NEED** libdomainkeys 0.67 if you're
>>> Using that support.
>
>> Tom? Add something to experimental-spec.txt?
>
> libdomainkeys is a fast-moving target (just like libspf2). The API
> changes even for minor releases (It's bleeding edge all over). The small
> percentage of users who mess with EXPERIMENTAL_ features should be
> prepared to encounter some resistance :)

I keep telling the boss that the experimental code is there, and that I
expect it to be ready for use by the time we need it, and that meanwhile we
shouldn't run it in production.

He seems to read something about Domain Keys every so often (and he's
careful: he's managed to keep our smallish ISP open and healthy since
1993).

--John