Re: [exim] Bounce message not containing :fail: message

Author: Fred Viles
To: exim-users
Subject: Re: [exim] Bounce message not containing :fail: message
On 10 Sep 2005 at 15:02, Pieter Ennes wrote about
    "Re: [exim] Bounce message not conta":

| Hello Fred,
|
| Fred Viles wrote:

| >     In the case of an address that is being verified from an ACL or as the
| >     subject of a VRFY command, the text is included in the SMTP error response
| >     by default. The text is not included in the response to an EXPN command.
|
| I doubt this is working, without including $acl_verify_message like Mark
| suggested...

The "by default" is significant. It works here without
$acl_verify_message, but if you are supplying an explicit "message ="
option in the ACL stanza that's doing the deny, then indeed you have
to include $acl_verify_message.

| However, that still does not change the fact that for this action, the
| log message is different from the actual 550 response, which can be a
| bit confusing imho.

Agreed, that's surprising. I didn't think it worked that way, which
is why I didn't think you were using a "message =" option.

- Fred