Re: [exim-dev] /bin/rm

Autor: Daniel Tiefnig
A: exim-dev
Assumpte: Re: [exim-dev] /bin/rm
Philip Hazel wrote:
> On Tue, 6 Sep 2005, Daniel Tiefnig wrote:
>> But that's easy, you can just run "unalias -a" to turn of all
>> aliases.
>
> Do all shells support that?

Of course not. :o)
Bourne Shell compatibles (like bash and ksh) should do, C Shell uses
"unalias *", zsh uses "unalias -m \*", ...

"unalias rm"
and equivalent for each and every command you use should do the trick on
all of them. OTOH, [0] says "sh" doesn't support aliases at all, so you
might break plain old Bourne Shell compatibility.(?)

I think /bin/rm does quite a good job as a default, is it really worth
replacing? (Question to others, not Philip...)

lg,
daniel

[0] http://www.faqs.org/faqs/unix-faq/shell/shell-differences/