Re: [exim] RFC's and DNS?

Author: Chris Edwards
To: exim-users
Subject: Re: [exim] RFC's and DNS?
On Mon, 29 Aug 2005, j2 wrote:

| I am trying to explain to a company (and a very large one at that) that is
| might be a good idea to provide DNS-entries for their mail handlers

[...]

| So, is there in fact a good RFC here

http://www.faqs.org/rfcs/rfc1912.html

2.1 Inconsistent, Missing, or Bad Data

Every Internet-reachable host should have a name. The consequences
of this are becoming more and more obvious. Many services available
on the Internet will not talk to you if you aren't correctly
registered in the DNS.

Make sure your PTR and A records match. For every IP address, there
should be a matching PTR record in the in-addr.arpa domain.

--
Chris Edwards, Glasgow University Computing Service