[exim] Certificate trouble?

Author: Cole Tuininga
To: Exim Users List
Subject: [exim] Certificate trouble?

Hi all -

I'm having a heck of a time with my new server. I've moved over to a
new server - the old one was running Exim 3, the new one is running Exim
4. I'm trying to do TLS auth for clients that want to relay through the
server and have run into a snag.

For some reason, Outlook reports an error with the certificate (I'm
using the same certificate I used on the old server):

"The server you are connceted to is using a security certificate that
could not be verified.

A required certificate is not within its validity period when verifying
against the current system clock or the timestamp in the signed file.

Do you want to continue using this server?"

The certificate is good until March of '06. Yet when I use Thunderbird
to connect (which provides a more helpful message), it claims that
certificate expired Feb 13, 2005.

The line(s) I'm using look like this:

MAIN_TLS_CERTIFICATE = /etc/exim4/mail.pem
MAIN_TLS_PRIVATEKEY = /etc/exim4/mail.pem

Can anybody offer any ideas?? As I mentioned, the certificate worked
just fine on the old server ...

--
We are Linux. Resistance is an indication that you have missed the
point.

Cole Tuininga
Lead Developer
Code Energy, Inc