Re: [exim] Anti Phishing Trick

Author: Ian Eiloart
To: exim-users
Subject: Re: [exim] Anti Phishing Trick

--On Saturday, August 27, 2005 05:52 -0700 Steve Lamb <grey@???>
wrote:

> is an
> antiquated notion that could probably be done away with due to the
> realities of modern clients which are fully capable of pulling from
> multiple sources and... and (here's the amazing part) keeping those
> sources separate!

Trouble is, you're ignoring the realities of modern email *users*.
Typically they read their mail through a (hotmail) web client, and can't be
arsed with all that. When they get a new mail account (eg, when they start
university), they don't want to have to learn about mail clients - they
just want us to forward the mail to their existing account.

The vast majority of computer users today don't want to learn about them,
they just want them to work. Just as we no longer live in an era when
people maintain their own cars, they also don't want to know the ins and
outs of their own computer systems.

--
Ian Eiloart
Servers Team