Re: [exim] Anti Phishing Trick

Author: David Woodhouse
To: Marilyn Davis
CC: exim-users
Subject: Re: [exim] Anti Phishing Trick
On Thu, 2005-08-25 at 10:18 -0700, Marilyn Davis wrote:
> Collateral mail, unless it generates a DSN for me to detect and
> blackhole, hits one of three targets:

By 'collateral mail' I think you mean 'autoresponses, including bounces
and vacation messages'. In which case it _should _always_ generate a
DSN.

You should never blackhole. Reject it up-front at SMTP time should you
so desire, but if you accept it then you have a responsibility to either
deliver or bounce it.

> 1. Someone who wants it.
> 2. A spammer.
> 3. Poor Joe, which a filter can't help.

Actually it's relatively easy for Joe to filter out bogus DSNs and avoid
the 'collateral spam'. That's that BATV does for him.

--
dwmw2