Re: [exim] How to return error messages from local transport…

Author: Heiko Schlittermann
To: exim-users
Subject: Re: [exim] How to return error messages from local transports (LMTP)?
Hello,

Hans-Juergen Beie <hjb@???> (Do 18 Aug 2005 01:13:17 CEST):
> >I'd like to return this error to the sender. How?
>
> If you don't want do accept such messages at all you can reject them in
> the acl_smtp_data section before any routers or transports. For example
>
> # Check for NUL characters
>   deny message = Body contains $body_zerocount NUL charcter(s)
>        log_message = Message denied, \
>                      body contains $body_zerocount NUL charcter(s)
>        condition = ${if >{$body_zerocount}{0}{1}{0}}

Great. That was the other half of the solution I was looking for (tried
with regex to catch the \x00, but it didn't work.

Thank you.

[ But the original question still remains, why isn't it possible to
return the transport error?

To be more precise: it seems to be impossible only sometimes. ]

    Best regards from Dresden
    Viele Grüße aus Dresden
    Heiko Schlittermann
 Heiko Schlittermann HS12-RIPE -----------------------------------------
 gnupg encrypted messages are welcome - key ID: 48D0359B ---------------
 gnupg fingerprint: 3061 CFBF 2D88 F034 E8D2  7E92 EE4E AC98 48D0 359B -