Re: [exim] Using Full Email Address for Cyrus LMTP Deliver

Author: Mark Nipper
To: Andre Nicholson
CC: exim-users
Subject: Re: [exim] Using Full Email Address for Cyrus LMTP Deliver
On 11 Aug 2005, Andre Nicholson wrote:
> The only problem is that I have too many accounts in Cyrus. This
> approach would require rather large alias files (and per domain also),
> searching the files for every SMTP delivery, and the added overhead of
> maintaining the files for every account.

    I actually prefer the flexibility of this approach.
However, I can see how it could cause issues with extremely large
domains since I don't think Exim caches these lookups (allowing
me to never issue restarts whenever I update these files, a
feature I very much enjoy).

    Maybe someone else can provide an equivalent replacement
using one of the database back-ends?  Seems like it would be
simple enough to use file backed databases, a real SQL database
or maybe even LDAP to achieve the performance required to make
this approach feasible with extremely populated domains.

--
Mark Nipper                                                e-contacts:
4475 Carter Creek Parkway                           nipsy@???

---begin random quote of the moment---
"Never underestimate the bandwidth of a station wagon filled with
magtape, or a 747 filled with CD-ROMs."
-- from the Jargon File's definition of sneakernet
----end random quote of the moment----