RE: [exim] relay and final rejection for exchange org.

Author: Hancock, Scott
To: exim-users
Subject: RE: [exim] relay and final rejection for exchange org.
> I'm pretty sure there's a better solution to your problem.
> Using the AD query that Tony mentioned, you should be able to
> ask the AD for the valid users from both exchange boxes at
> RCPT time. Then, based on the domain or the valid query (or
> set acl variable), route the mail to the correct exchange box
> using manual routes.

The domain we're taking over is a complete mess and have made the SPAM
lists many times. I am rejecting at SMTP time for my domain. I'm not
using a LDAP query but rather an upload of all my SMTP emails created
using LDIFDE.exe and sorted using Perl. This way there is no plain text
passwords or service accounts on the windows side. The transfer is made
via scp and I'm not hitting my AD for every email that enters. The
upload only happens when the internal accounts have changed which is not
often.

I was trying this other approach because the new domain is introducing
Unicode to the accounts and now I'll have to retool sorting of the AD
dump. I'm not a programmer and doing it the first time was a challenge
with just ASCII.

I see now that my approach will not work. I'll have to either figure
out the Unicode problem, or switch to routing and rejection based on
local parts and LDAP.

Thanks for the enlightenment,

Scott