Re: [exim] Bounces because RSET

Author: Martin Vernooij
To: exim-users
Subject: Re: [exim] Bounces because RSET
Marc Sherman wrote:
> Martin Vernooij wrote:
>

>>> domainlist rbl_bypass = /etc/virtual/rblbypass
>

> That should be a hostlist -- assuming the file contains IP addresses, as
> you claimed.
>
> - Marc

Combining all the suggestions together and some Googling, I found a
solution:

General part of exim.conf:
<....>
hostlist rbl_bypass = net-lsearch;/etc/virtual/rblbypass
<....>

ACL part:
<.....>
# Next deny stuff from more "fuzzy" blacklists
# but do bypass all checking for whitelisted host names
   deny message = to unblock $sender_host_name see http://www.tiempo.nl/
        !hosts = +relay_hosts : +rbl_bypass
        domains = +use_rbl_domains
        !authenticated = *
        # dnslists not including spam.dnsbl.sorbs.net
        dnslists = bl.spamcop.net : \
                   dnsbl.njabl.org : \
                   cbl.abuseat.org : \
                   dnsbl.sorbs.net!=127.0.0.6
<.....>

And in the file /etc/virtual/rblbypass:
193.79.15.10:

Watch the net-lsearch: I needed to lookup the IP address ....

Thanks for all the suggestions.

Regards, Martin