Re: [exim] exim snapshot with sqlite on openbsd ...

Páxina inicial
Borrar esta mensaxe
Responder a esta mensaxe
Autor: Kelley Reynolds
Para: Exim Mailing List
Asunto: Re: [exim] exim snapshot with sqlite on openbsd ...
On Aug 4, 2005, at 6:45 PM, Jonathan Vanasco wrote:

> my understanding of sqlite is that there are multiple shared locks
> for reading -- the only time you shouldn't be able to select would
> be if there was a write in progress
>
> that itself is an issue - but for most mailserver operations, I
> can't imagine much writing done aside from account creation or
> management
>
> maybe there needs to be a way to try X times with Y amount of time
> between each attempt before a true failure is returned

Exactly, but writing is a common occurrence for things like
graylisting, different kinds of stat tracking, etc. It's not uncommon
for lock contention to be an issue, but it's also trivial to get
around. X retries in Y time certainly sounds sufficient, though an
actual queue with a timeout sounds snazzier. Then again, the forktude
of exim makes that awfully unlikely.

Kelley Reynolds
President
Inside Systems, Inc.