Re: [exim] Why doesn't Exim authenticate against IMAP direct…

Author: Fred Viles
To: exim-users
Subject: Re: [exim] Why doesn't Exim authenticate against IMAP directly?
On 2 Aug 2005 at 9:29, Marc Perkel wrote about
    "Re: [exim] Why doesn't Exim authent":

| Exim can not read the external database for what I have in mind. There
| is no direct access to the database. The only way to veryify against the
| database is with an IMAP/POP call.

What makes you think so? If linuxconf still uses vpopmail for
virtual email accounts (I haven't used it for years), you are
probably wrong about that. As Dave Lugo pointed out, your plaintext
authenticators can probably use lsearch and crypteq to authenticate
with /etc/vmail/shadow.DOMAIN.

- Fred