Re: [exim] acl dnslists in external file doesn't work?

Author: Wakko Warner
To: Heiko Schlittermann
CC: exim-users
Subject: Re: [exim] acl dnslists in external file doesn't work?
Keep me CCd.

Heiko Schlittermann wrote:
> Hello Wakko,
> Wakko Warner <wakko@???> (Sa 30 Jul 2005 17:06:26 CEST):
> > Heiko Schlittermann wrote:
> > >         deny    message = blacklisted
> > >                 dnslists = /etc/exim/dns.blacklist

> > > with dns.blacklist containing exactly one(!) line 'dynablock.njabl.org'
> > > doesn't work.
> > >
> > > My own stupidity, or bug, or feature?
> > > (exim 4.51)
> >
> > Right from Spec 39.20:
> > dnslists = <list of domain names and other data>
>
> Hm, You're rigt. But somewhen I understood that a list
> can be in a file ... but probably I'm confusing something.

You can use a file for host lists and domain lists.  For instance in the acl
    accept    hosts = /etc/exim/relay_hosts

or for senders:
    accept    senders = /etc/exim/sender_whitelist

Take a look at section 10.3 File names in lists:
If an item in a domain, host, address, or local part list is an absolute
file name (beginning with a slash character), ...

It could be done for dnslists, but the code isn't there. I have a few
servers, some use direct configuration via the config file, the others use
an SQL database.

> > You might try using ${readfile (I think that's the name of it)
>
> That's a good idea. Thanks.

NP.