RE: [exim] which approach for: exiscan, clamav & spamassass…

Author: Timothy Spear
To: 'OpenMacNews', exim-users
CC: Timothy Spear
Subject: RE: [exim] which approach for: exiscan, clamav & spamassassin ?
I did the exiscan direct to ClamAV and then SpamAssassin. This is to reduce
load on the server, since I perform it is part of the SMTP Data ACL. Virus
email is rejected before the call to SpamAssassin. Since SpamAssassin will
run all rules which apply, even if the spam score has been passed, I would
end up running spam filtering rules against viral email.

Tim