RE: [exim] looking for spam in Exim log file - appended

Página Principal
Apagar esta mensagem
Responder a esta mensagem
Autor: Herb Martin
Para: exim-users
Assunto: RE: [exim] looking for spam in Exim log file - appended
> AOL rejects mail from servers without a reverse DNS entry. Do
> you have rDNS set up?
>
> - Mark

And has recently been even doing the reverse lookups wrong
frequently. Often enough that they seem to have a standard
procedure for fixing it when you call them.

Very nice phone help at the Email help line -- willing to
help non-customers sending email to AOL and even pretty
knowledgeable.

You must find the owner of the IP addresses and get them
to do it usually. Usually this is your ISP. It may be
their NAP (network access provider or "ISP of the ISP").
In a few cases they may delegate this to your or the
ordindary business customer but this is becoming less
common, especially for a block of fixed addresses smaller
than 256.

The actual records are pretty easy to setup but depend
a little on which DNS server you use (BIND, MS etc.) if
you are doing it yourself.

Many ISP's just do generic records.

What is the IP of this machine?

--