Re: [exim] OT: Abusive mailserver

Página superior
Eliminar este mensaje
Autor: V. T. Mueller
A: Mark Smith
Cc: exim-users
Asunto: Re: [exim] OT: Abusive mailserver

Mark Smith schrieb:
[..]
> "For your information, our external IT advisers have now adjusted the
> settings on our server to prevent a recurrence of the issue that you raised
> - although in their view your comments were pedantic in the extreme and no
> similar concerns were raised by any other of the recipients of our email."
>
> So there's an IT company out there that thinks it's "extremely pedantic" to
> expect mailservers not to ignore 550 errors.
>
> I really wish there was a way to keep people like this off the Internet. Or
> was I indeed just being "extremely pedantic"?

No, you were not extremely pedantic. It's always the same story:
company A orders company B for service C because they don't want to
hire someone for the job permanently. In fact, A don't really want
to spend much money for C. So it's likely that B does a rather dirty
job.
Now you come in and tell A there's s/th broken in C. Then A will ask
B. Just wonder what B will tell - "sorry I made a lousy job"? B will
tell A exactly what you report above.

Smile about it, forget it, and enjoy the weekend!

Cheers,
vt