Re: [exim] How to teach spamassassin

Autor: Marc Haber
A: exim-users
Assumpte: Re: [exim] How to teach spamassassin
On Mon, 25 Jul 2005 09:31:12 +0100, "Richard Hobbs"
<richard.hobbs@???> wrote:
>SpamAssassin is currently working with out exim config, but the trouble is
>that even with a low threshold, some spam still gets through.
>
>Also, given that spam rarely comes from the same email address twice,
>blocking email addresses could become a full-time job.
>
>I'd therefore like to either be able to forward spam messages to
>spamassassin and say "look, this is spam, learn from it",

This happens automatically with a recent Spamassassin version if
configured properly. You do not say enough about your setup to judge
whether you have set up spamassassin properly or not.

>For example, we are a research organization and some words are therefore
>*never* going to appear in legitimate emails, and while the appearance of a
>particular word alone is not enough to trigger the spam filter, the message
>*is* actually spam.

Dragons there. I would refrain from doing so.

Greetings
Marc